We can help you make sense of the benefits system.
Unsure of what you are entitled to claim? Has your benefit been reduced or stopped? Do you want to challenge the decision?
Citizens Advice Birmingham can give you practical support. We can
• help you to work out your entitlement to benefits
• help you to fill in the appropriate forms
• help you to write review and appeal letters
• provide benefit checks and ‘better off’ calculations
• help you if you have to pay back overpayments
• help you if you have been a victim of fraud.
To get information or advice:
Frequently Asked Questions can be found here.
Get help applying for Universal Credit
Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from the application, through to your first payment.
Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment.
Call us free: 0800 144 8 444 (England) or 08000 241 220 (Wales)
For online advice visit: citizensadvice.org.uk/helptoclaim